Vibrating Furnace Charging Units are effective in reducing the chances of hazards to furnace operators faced in foundries or melting shops. With this safe automation system, the foundry men can work from a safe distance and prevent the damage arising out of molten metal splash. In addition to providing rapid and quick charging of the furnace, it also avoids the damage to furnace lining.
The required amount of scrap metal is loaded into the storage hoper at the loading point. The trolley the carries the vibrating feeder along with the storage hopper to the furnace charging point. Here, the vibrating feeder is energized and the material is effectively discharged into the furnace as per the required capacity. As the metal is melted down, fresh batch of metal can be fed into the furnace thereby keeping the furnace full. The capacity of the vibrating feeder can be varied by varying the amplitude of variations. The amplitude of vibrations can be varied by adjusting the position of centrifugal weights or by using a variable frequency drive (optional). A control panel specially designed to suit individual client requirement depending on the sequence of operations required is provided.
- Very fast as compared to manual charging of furnace thereby enabling optimum use of the melting system.
- Minimum heat loss of the furnace since the charging process can be maintained continuously at the required rate
- Extremely controlled charging of material into the furnace.
- Prevents damage to the furnace lining since the material is properly guided into the furnace so as to avoid the material from hitting the furnace walls.
- No direct exposure of manpower to the furnace thereby preventing dangerous accidents due to metal splash (since the operator can carry out the operations at a very safe distance.)